“I Do” in the Dry
Getting Married in the Dry Season
Remember the words of comedienne Niecy Nash: “Falling in love was the easy part; planning a wedding – yikes!”
There are so many unique and spectacular outdoor locations for wedding ceremonies in the Top End. If you plan to take advantage of the milder dry season to schedule your wedding, you are spoilt for choice! From the ever popular Esplanade to the historic setting of the Town Hall ruins or further afield at Litchfield Park and Kakadu – there is a perfect location waiting for you!
Darwin has a wealth of beautiful parks, gardens and reserves including the stunning George Brown Botanic Gardens which is one of the most popular places for saying “I Do” in the dry season. Remember that for most of these public spaces, even public beach areas, bookings and permits are required.
Darwin has many hotels, resorts and restaurants that cater for wedding ceremonies and receptions, but why not take advantage of the wonderful dry season weather and head outdoors? Consider using the same location for your ceremony and your reception too.
Wedded in the Wet
Getting Married in the Wet Season
Don’t disregard having your wedding in Darwin during the wet season, from November to April. There are many good reasons to consider a wet season wedding as long as you have air-conditioning!
- There is stunning greenery everywhere and the landscape looks bright and fresh
- Make an impact and get married watching the thunder clouds rolling in across the harbour
- Take advantage of great value for money – wedding suppliers offer more competitive rates during the wet
- The wet season offers cheaper airfares and accommodation in Darwin for all your family and friends to visit
- Marriage Celebrants are more available!
Consider using the same location for your ceremony and your reception too. Darwin has many hotels, resorts and restaurants that cater for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Below are some venues that are just a little outside the box to get you thinking: